Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
A glamorous, sexy, brainy, bad-ass female who knows what she wants, works hard, and goes for it, all while looking fabulous. We may be intellectual, but that doesn't mean we don't know how to have fun and look good doing it.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

GLAM Up Your Hump Day: Butter London Nail Polish

Rosie Lee Nail Polish by Butter London


Today I really needed a pick me up. Not only because it is Hump Day, but because I have been a little under the weather and I'm just plain exhausted for no reason at all. Such is the life of a Glamorous Graduate. I was getting ready for my day and happened to glance over to a shelf where I keep some hod-podge beauty items and noticed something sparkly. There sat my Butter London Nail Polish collection, all of which is glitter (typical), and I thought, "wouldn't it be nice to take 30 minutes or so to completely zone out and make something more beautiful for no other reason than for myself?"

So that's what I did. During my snack break (yes, I take snack breaks), I took the rest of the time to do just that. I sat there in my own little world and took the time to make my nails pretty. While I only own the glitter versions of Butter London Nail Polish, there is just something about it that keeps me coming back time and time again. I love the colors they have and the brush makes it extremely easy to get a good even coat despite the polish literally just being glitter with a hint of clear nail polish in it. The other thing I like about Butter is that it seems to last a lot longer in comparison to similar polishes after a good top coat. This is for me the real reason why I love it so much. There is nothing worse than painting your nails a super cute color and spending a decent amount of time on them, especially now that Pinterest has really stepped up the game of nail art, only to have them get chipped within the first hour. After that first chip, we all know it's downhill from there. You can also feel great about putting Butter London on your nails because they pioneered carcinogenic free nail and hand products.

Needless to say, if you really need a pick me up as bad as I did today go try Butter London Nail Polish. They sell it at Nordstrom and honestly, who wouldn't love to take some time to themselves and end up having fun nails to brighten a less than awesome day?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds really nice - and what better pick me up than some glitter nail polish right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaimie-lee we thought so too! Hopefully you took some time to GLAM up your Hump Day yesterday!

      Delete
  2. That's such a gorgeous colour! Love the sparkle! Hopefully you can stop by my blog too!

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog RaindropsofSapphire! We can't wait to check out your future posts! You can follow us on Twitter @TheGlamGrad as well!

    ReplyDelete