Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
A glamorous, sexy, brainy, bad-ass female who knows what she wants, works hard, and goes for it, all while looking fabulous. We may be intellectual, but that doesn't mean we don't know how to have fun and look good doing it.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SPLURGE or SAVE: Cosmetics Edition

DO you SPLURGE or SAVE on makeup?
pollcode.com free polls 

Here's a post you probably didn't see coming...a SPLURGE or SAVE that Maddie and I both agree on! When it comes to purchasing cosmetics, we both think that it can definitely be worth your money if you take a chance and SPLURGE on the right products from the right brands. Keep reading to find out our top choices for cosmetics that are worth the extra cash!

Erin loves to SPLURGE on NARS Cosmetics

Erin's Favorites

Back in my high school days, I was the queen of drug store makeup. I couldn't get enough of Burt's Bees lip balm, Covergirl's super-shimmery bronzer, and I may or may not have tried almost every one of Maybelline's mascaras based on their intriguing names. Don't get me wrong, these are great options for any girl on a budget. But there are times that you just need to treat yourself with some high quality, department store brands to upgrade your cosmetics collection! My go-to brand as of late has been NARS cosmetics. If the name sounds familiar, it is probably because they have some of the most popular cosmetics products with their Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzing Powder. Being a sucker for beachy/bronzy beauty looks, these have become 2 of my absolute favorite beauty products! The shades are so great for work or play, depending on how heavy handed you go with the makeup brush. The blush goes for $29 and the bronzing powder goes for $36 on their website, but these NARS products are worth every penny in my opinion! Another beauty staple that I believe is the best of the best is Diorshow Mascara. Yes...I have branched out from Maybelline and I'm so happy I did. I first discovered Diorshow when I got my makeup done for a high school dance at the Dior counter in a department store and I got so many compliments that night that I decided to stick with it! You can find Diorshow in many different stores including Sephora and Nordstrom for $25 and I believe that you will fall in love with this mascara just as quickly as I did!

I don't even mind SPLURGING on my MAC Makeup

Maddie's Favorites

I actually just recently converted to SPLURGING on my makeup at the beginning of this year. Beforehand, I could never even fathom spending more than $14 at a drugstore on my makeup, but the reality I soon found out was that I was actually spending more for my drugstore makeup. I don't know what finally made me take the plunge into MAC makeup, but I was just plain tired of running to Target every 2 months for a replenishment on something I felt like I had just spent money on. I also happened to have a girl who worked for MAC at Nordstrom and she definitely influenced my opinion about nicer makeup and was extremely helpful in helping me choose what was right for me. I use and love MAC Studio Moisture Tint as my foundation. It tackles anything I feel like I have to cover up from dark circles to small blemishes. It is amazing for coverage, but it is also extremely light, which was a very important feature for me when choosing my foundation. I then follow that up with MAC 'Mineralize' Skinfinish Natural Powder, which gives me a good matte finish without looking like I have a cake-face. I wasn't completely sold on this makeup actually until I figured out how well it stayed throughout my hectic days and crazy nights, and how long it lasted me. My first MAC purchase was in the middle of January and I still have about half of both of these products left. Let me tell you how amazing it feels to wake up in the morning month after month and not worry that something is about to run out on me. I also believe that I am spending a comparable amount on makeup as I was before because I was buying drugstore makeup so often, and I am getting a much higher quality product that makes me feel awesome! My advice would be to go to Nordstrom and have someone help you find what is right for you. Makeup to me is very overwhelming and it is so helpful to have someone who is knowledgeable and honest to give you a hand. Then start with just a few items that you use daily to get a good feel for what you like and need. It is totally worth your time and money to SPLURGE on good makeup and if you don't believe it from me, believe it because Erin and I both agree that you can't go wrong by SPLURGING on your makeup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment